Walker County Government rolled out a new web-based informational video series in 2019 entitled How Walker Works. These short-form segments offer residents and visitors with 24/7 access to some basic information about how various departments and programs operate in Walker County, GA. While some government functions are visible every day, there are others that you never see.
Each video runs around a minute and covers a different subject matter. While How Walker Works segments will appear on social media sites like the county’s Facebook page and Youtube channel, these video features are available on demand on each department’s page on walkercountyga.gov and by searching How Walker Works on the county’s website.
The following features have already been produced:
- Tax Commissioner’s Office
- Planning Office
- Mountain Cove Farms Resort
- Economic Development
- Walker County Fire Rescue – Free Smoke Alarm program
- Probate Court
- SirenGPS Alert App
- Clean & Lien Blight Program
- Business License
- Elections Office Prepares for Commission District Vote
- The Transition to Georgia DRIVES
- Kaleidoscope Supported Employment
- Walker County Fire Rescue – Fireworks Safety
- Taxing Authorities in Walker County and its cities
- Oral Rabies Vaccination Bait Drops
- Open Burning Season
- Animal Shelter (TBA)
- Public Works (TBA)
- Code Enforcement (TBA)
Walker County Government hopes to create a video for every county department. We’re also accepting requests for topics to highlight in the future. Just send us an email and let us know what you’d like to see featured.
Check out one of the most recent How Walker Works features here: