Your message has been sent. While you’re here, we invite you to explore the new walkercountyga.gov site!
This new online experience for Walker County Government launched in January.
Here are some of the big changes:
- Completely accessible on mobile devices
- 8 years of budget info and 21 years of audits
- Information on the 9 water service providers in the county and their service maps
- Pictures of animals currently available for adoption at the Animal Shelter & Adoption Center
- Ability to order previously processed marriage certificates online
- Attractions and recreational information on 30+ sites in the county
- Calendar listing of government related events
- Department head contact info under the FAQ
- News feed
- Book a reservation online at Mountain Cove Farms
- Click the Walker County seal to return to the homepage
Joe Legge, Walker County Public Relations Director, said, “I wanted to create a storefront that was inviting and well organized. This site is one of the first places a family considering a move to Walker County or a business interested in locating here will see. It’s also becoming a primary source of information for residents to learn how their government operates.”
During this month’s winter weather event, a running tab of schedule changes was posted on the homepage, which hundreds of people viewed for updates.
Legge designed walkercountyga.gov in house, saving taxpayers roughly $10,000. He’ll continue to update and expand the site as part of his job responsibilities. “In the near future, you’ll be able to apply for a marriage license and weapons carry permit online, view a countywide points of interest map and watch a new video series currently in the development stage.”
Municode, which maintains the Walker County code book, is in the process of updating the code book. In 2019, look for a searchable codes database to be added online, as well.