Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the organization. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting all visitors and employees with a positive and helpful attitude
- Provide visitors with prompt assistance in any request or needs
- Answer multi-line phones in a professional manner and forward calls as appropriate
- Screen calls for telemarketers, sales people and spam
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Manage multiple projects/tasks
- Attend meetings, events, and forums
- Research and create presentations
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Organize calendar, schedule meetings and appointments as requested
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Write letters and emails on behalf of others
- Assist colleagues with a variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to, copying, scanning, stuffing envelopes, typing, taking meeting notes, errands to the bank and post office, and making travel plans when needed
- Maintain organization within the supply closet
- Assist with internal mailboxes, and postage machine as needed; prepare certified mail or Express shipments
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Some college preferred
- Experience in a similar office setting preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Professional dress and mannerism at all times
- Competency with Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office, and Google Suites
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in keyboarding
- Demonstrate leadership
- Maintain Credibility and Trust
- Collaborate and build relationships to drive positive results
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to contribute positively as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written), possess excellent presentation skills, and ability to lead discussions and meetings.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic knowledge of math skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Must be able to analyze data, determine trends and apply the results. Ability to anticipate reactions from the public, elected officials, business community, and governmental agencies in order to manage various situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Administrative Assistants job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, crouch, and twist to perform such tasks as (EXAMPLES LISTED)
- Observing the worksite and work duties of others
- Walking around the work site
- Lifting supplies, equipment, and files
- Sitting at a desk or in meetings
- Reaching for objects
- Kneeling, bending, or crouching to file or to retrieve objects from lower shelves or the ground
- Pushing and pulling file drawers or tables and chairs
- Climbing stairs
- Twisting from computer to phone
- Hand and foot dexterity is required to operate office equipment and paperwork
- Hearing and speech are necessary to communicate with customers and co-workers in person, by video conferencing and by telephone
- Good vision is required for all functions
- This position must be able to lift 25 pounds occasionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to a noise level that is low to moderate. 95% of the work is performed in a controlled office environment with regulated heating and air conditioning.
Physical hazards may include those associated with working in a public environment.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Maintain Confidentiality, Credibility and Trust
- Successful development and implementation of objectives; continuous growth in service provided
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Appropriate and positive interaction with staff, management, volunteers, community groups, professional associates and private citizens
- The accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Effectiveness in establishing priorities, working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects
- Exercise sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze problems; to meet demanding and changing deadlines in spite of interruptions
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Adherence to established policies and procedures