This position is responsible for providing medical care, assessment, and management of general medical-related services provided at our correctional facility; as well as, assist with maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Follow Infection Control Guidelines
- Report all serious injuries to supervisors and proper state agencies when applicable
- Incident reports
- Assist with medication inventory/audits
- Assist inmates with medication management (observation) (Med Pass)
- On-call rotation
- Assess physical injuries or other medical needs and determine that plan of action
- Coordinate obtaining prescriptions when applicable
- Thoroughly document/log information in database according to facility policies
- Proven successful interactions with correctional patients
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with staff to implement care coordination programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Copy of active nursing license from State of Georgia
- BLS Certificate
- LVN or RN (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years recent, direct patient care and medical record documentation. Prefer recent Correctional, Clinic, or Occupational Health experience.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed inside, but may require outdoor attention to emergency situations.
This position works with a specific group of patients at a detention facility.
SHIFT AND SCHEDULE
8 hour shift / night shift
40 hour schedule per week
Click here to apply for this position.