COVID-19 CALL CENTER OPERATOR:
Walker County Government is currently looking for multiple individuals to help staff our COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline.
- This position is to receive incoming phone calls from citizens wanting to get on the waiting list for the COVID-19 vaccine and to make outgoing phone calls to schedule appointments for vaccines to be given at the Walker County Health Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Able to use a computer and enter data into a spreadsheet
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Experience in a similar office setting preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Use of computers, copiers, telephones
- Proficiency in keyboarding
- Competency with Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office, and/or Google Suites
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
These demands are representative of the physical requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Call Center Phone Operator job description. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, bend, crouch, and twist to perform such tasks as:
- Sitting at a desk
- Reaching for objects
- Kneeling, bending, or crouching to file or to retrieve objects from lower shelves or the ground
- Pushing and pulling chairs
- Twisting from computer to phone
- Hearing and speech is necessary to communicate with customers and co-workers in person and by telephone
- Good vision is required for all functions
- This position must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to a noise level that is low to moderate. 100% of the work is performed in a controlled office environment with regulated heating and air conditioning.
Physical hazards may include those associated with working in a public environment.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Appropriate and positive interaction with staff, management, volunteers, community groups, professional associates and private citizens
- The accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Exercise of sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines
- Adherence to established policies and procedures