This position is responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy in County Buildings. Vacuums and buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash and cleaning surfaces.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Steam-clean carpets as needed and when directed by the Superintendent.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Apply wax to coat floors and buff as needed and when directed by the Superintendent.
- Apply sealant to floors as needed and when directed by the Superintendent.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants; restock supplies as needed.
- Move heavy equipment and furniture as needed and when directed by the Superintendent.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to follow general safety rules and regulations pertaining to duties.
- Ability to follow procedures and policies pertaining to duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, and maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Building & Plant Maintenance Worker‘s job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, crouch and twist to perform such tasks as:
- Mopping; sweeping; vacuuming; waxing and polishing floors;
- Cleaning countertops, dusting and polishing furniture;
- Cleaning windows;
- Scrubbing and cleaning sinks and toilets;
- Bagging and carting trash and trash / garbage bags;
- Organizing and maintaining inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment.
Hand and foot dexterity is required to operate cleaning equipment, and paperwork.
Hearing and speech is necessary to communicate with customers and co-workers in person, by telephone and in person. Good vision is required for all functions.
This position must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to a noise level that is moderate to loud. While work is performed in a variety of buildings, requiring travel between cleaning assignments, the majority of tasks are performed indoors with heating and air conditioning. Physical hazards include travel, noise and vibration, exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, and dirt.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Successful development and implementation of objectives; continuous growth in service provided.
- Appropriate and positive interaction with staff, management, volunteers, community groups and professional associates.
- Accomplishment of job functions in effective and timely manner.
- Effectiveness in establishing priorities, working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects.
- Exercise of sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze problems; to meet demanding and changing deadlines in spite of interruptions.
- Adherence to established policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, click on the job title to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume and cover letter to:
Walker County Commissioner
Sharleen Robinson, Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to firstname.lastname@example.org