The Shop Clerk is an entry level position that provides general support to the county Maintenance shop at the direction of the Shop Supervisor and Technician IV. The shop Clerk will work Monday through Friday unless otherwise specified.
- Supports Fleet Technicians as needed
- Pick up parts and supplies from various vendors
- Pick up and deliver vehicles when assigned by supervisor
- Greet and assist citizens who come into the shop
- Answer the phone when needed
- Clean all areas of the shop building
- Maintain bathroom and janitorial supplies throughout the building
- Pick up and delivery of interdepartmental mail
- All other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Organizational skills
- Able to manage time effectively
- Ability to meet with vendors for parts
- Customer service skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to organize and maintain multiple projects
- Able to maintain good teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lift at least 45 lbs
- Able to clean and maintain a clean work environment
- Able to drive to various locations
- Able to follow directions
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Shop Clerk job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential function of this position. These physical demands include, but are not limited to:
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift at least 45 pounds. He/She must be able to stand and squat for extended periods of time. He/She must be able to stand, sit, squat, bend and reach over his/her head. Other physical demands include but are not limited to.
- Walking/ climbing stairs
- Climbing and balancing on equipment, step stools, and ladders
- Standing or squatting
- Able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs
- Lifting and carrying equipment
- Bending, twisting, pushing, and pulling while cleaning and assisting in other duties
- Driving for an extended amount of time
While performing required duties of a Shop Clerk the employee can be exposed to moderate noise levels. Duties will be performed in the shop, at outside vendors, and other county offices, or other locations assigned by the shop supervisor or Fleet Technician IV including outdoor areas. Environmental factors include extreme weather conditions at times. There are also times that a Shop Clerk could be exposed to respiratory hazards including fumes from gases, chemicals, dust, and dirt while in and around the Shop. PPE should be worn as needed.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Successful development and implementation of objectives; continuous growth in service provided.
- Appropriate and positive interaction with staff, management, volunteers, community groups and professional associates and private citizens
- Accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner.
- Effectiveness in establishing priorities, working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects, appropriately completing assigned tasks..
- Exercise of sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze problems; to meet demanding and changing deadlines in spite of interruptions.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work alone or with a team
Click here to apply for this position.