2020 Elections and Voter Registration Calendar
- Qualifying for local offices – 9:00 a.m. on March 2, 2020 to 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on March 6, 2020 (click here for the qualifying fee schedule)
- Presidential Preference Primary –
March 24, 2020 Delayed until May 19thDelayed until June 9, 2020
- General Primary Election, Nonpartisan General Election, and Special Election –
May 19, 2020Delayed until June 9, 2020 (click here for a list of candidates)
- General Primary Runoff, Nonpartisan General Runoff and Special Runoff Election for Local and State Offices –
July 21, 2020Delayed until August 11, 2020
- General Election and Special Election – November 3, 2020
- General Election and Special Election Runoffs for Local and State Offices – December 1, 2020
Advance voting for the combined General Primary and Presidential Preference Primary begins May 18th at the Walker County Courthouse, located at 103 S Duke Street in LaFayette.
This location will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through June 5th. This location will also be available on Saturday, May 30th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Elections staff ask that voters be patient with them as they attempt to remain within CDC guidelines to create a safe voting experience, which includes social distancing and keeping voting equipment sanitized.
On Election Day, June 9th, voting will be regular precinct locations from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Learn more about the process to transition to a Board of Commissioners
The following question will appeared on the June 9, 2020 ballot for Walker County voters:
The following questions appeared on the November 2018 ballot for Walker County voters:
- Sunday Package Sales & Sunday Liquor by the Drink
- Form of Government
- Proposed Georgia Constitutional Amendments and Statewide Referendum Questions