Walker County Emergency Services
Competitive Promotional Process Announcement
Walker County Emergency Services (WCES), in conjunction with Walker County Human Resources department, is conducting a Competitive Promotional Process (CPP) for the purpose of establishing a Promotional Eligibility Register (PER) for the rank/classification of Sergeant within WCES.
- Full-time WCES personnel along with outside applicants are invited to participate in the CPP with the exception of: Personnel who have received a written reprimand within three hundred sixty-five (365) days of the closing of the submission process (3pm on 07/06/18).
- 2 years as a State Certified Firefighter with creditable service with WCES or a comparable department
- A candidate’s ability to maintain their eligibility to continue through the process will depend on their strict adherence to the instructions, schedules and submission deadline indicated below.
- Any candidate not adhering to these established timelines and schedules will be immediately disqualified and barred from any further participation in the process.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 05, 2018 from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
WHERE: WCES Training Center; 107 Alex Drive; Chickamauga, GA 30307
WHAT: This CPP is not a pass/fail event, but an evaluation of a candidate’s knowledge, skills and ability to function in the leadership rank/classification of Sergeant with WCES. The CPP will involve qualified proctors evaluating candidate performance in four (4) equally weighted segments/stations (25% each):
- A 100 question written exam comprised of 50 Driver Operator questions from the IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver Operator Handbook 3rd edition and 50 Company Officer questions from the IFSTA Company Officer Handbook 5th edition
- Driver Operator/Pumping scenario
- In-basket scenario
- Oral interview/disciplinary scenario
All interested parties must submit a resume with cover letter and supporting documentation relative to this promotional opportunity from the following sources:
- Fire service training transcripts from any of the following sources:
- Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council
- Pro Board Fire Service Professional Qualification System (ProBoard)
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC)
- Other certification documents may be submitted that are NOT represented or listed within the training transcripts indicated above
- College transcripts or other evidence of secondary education (Official copies ONLY)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Submit resume and cover letter directly to Walker County’s Human Resources department located at 101 South Duke Street Lafayette, GA 30728, no later than the date and time listed below. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Friday, July 06, 2018 3:00 P.M.
NOTE: Human Resources will contact eligible candidates via email with instructions on how to obtain their assessment information/study packet. Please submit (via email) all questions about the PCC to Tabitha Cantrell.