Carlen Bowers, Director
91 Industrial Drive
Chickamauga, GA 30707
The Public Works Department maintains the roads, county drainage ditches, county right-of-ways, and county owned property. This includes everything from paving to road signs to mowing. The following is a more detailed list, but certainly doesn’t include everything this department does for Walker County.
- Street Signs
- Pot Holes
- Striping of the County Roads
- Mowing of the rights-of-way
- Problems with streets or bridges
- Determine size of tile for driveways
- Installs residential driveway tile (does not include purchasing the tile)
- Cleaning out and maintaining county drainage ditches
- Special Projects (ex. Walker County Regional Library Project, Armuchee Valley Community Center Project, Mineral Springs Fire Hall Project)
- Storm Damage Recovery
- Removal of Dead or Falling Trees within the County’s right-of-way
- Maintaining List of County Right-of-Ways and County Roads
- Fleet Maintenance for ALL County Vehicles (including Sheriff’s Department, Transit Buses, Fire and Emergency Vehicles, etc.)
- Emergency Services During Inclement Weather (salting roads, removing falling trees in the right-of-ways, flood warning signs during high water, etc.)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Board of Commissioners
Are you looking for the list of upcoming roads targeted for resurfacing? Visit this page for a detailed list of roads on the current resurfacing schedule.
Are you looking for past road paving information? Visit our TSPLOST page for a detailed list of roads, broken down by year.
To report a problem with any of the items above, please contact us at 706-375-5601 or use the iWorQ Service Request app, now available for free in the App Store for Apple devices and Google Play Store for Android devices. Walker County’s Code is Wal02