Walker County Landfill
Paine Gily, Landfill Manager
5120 N Marble Top Road
Chickamauga, GA 30707
Effective April 15, 2019, the Walker County Landfill is now open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is CLOSED on Sunday.
Meetings planned to discuss expanding the C&D Landfill
- Site Suitability/Facility Issues Negotiation Meeting at 5pm on 4-18-19
- Waste Management Needs Meeting at 5pm on 9-13-18
- Landfill Site Decision Meeting at 5pm on 9-13-18
What does it cost to use the Walker County Landfill? View our material list and fee schedule. Also, please separate household waste from C&D waste before arriving at the landfill.
The following private companies provide household garbage service in Walker County:
- Danford Enterprises, LLC – 706-924-2339
- Fairview Disposal – 423-805-8686
- Flintstone Garbage Service – 423-704-9415
- Fontana Rolloffs – 423-280-7876
- Groves Disposal – 706-375-6303
- H & R Sanitation – 706-624-1675
- Kinel Disposal – 706-375-6249
- M & V Garbage Service – 423-894-4777
- Tillers Garbage Service – 706-539-1786
- Valley Garbage Service – 706-398-3039
- Wallin’s Garbage Service – 423-645-5479
The Walker County Landfill also offers free recycling of reusable material, including cans, paper milk/juice cartons, paper, cardboard boxes, greeting cards and some plastics. Here are some good examples of materials that can be recycled in Walker County:
Our first “Retire Your Tires” Amnesty Day was an overwhelming success! Walker County set a goal to collect 2,000 tires during the amnesty event, based on the Litter Crew finding 1,030 tires along county roads from January to October. Once Landfill Manager Paine Gily counted all the tires brought in, he discovered we collected 5,543!
The second Retire Your Tires Amnesty Day event outperformed the original! We collected 6,741 tires during the May 19th event. We would like to thank everyone who took time to recycle their tires and those who worked to make this event a huge success.
The third Retire Your Tires Amnesty Day event was held on Saturday, April 27, 2019 and brought in 8,933 tires! Due to demand, an additional event will be schedule in late fall of this year.