Planning, Zoning & Inspections
Kristy Parker, Permitting Staff
122 Highway 95
Rock Spring, GA 30739

The Walker County Planning Office is also the county’s permitting office. We issue permits for construction of buildings, electrical service repair and installation, mobile homes, modular homes, accessory buildings and land disturbance activity.

Our office also maintains the official zoning maps for the county and handles stormwater management. We accept applications for rezoning and coordinate public hearings for each request. Our staff works closely with property owners and developers to ensure that all local, state and federal regulations are met during and through the development process of subdivisions, multi-use developments and stand alone projects.

We accept and review all survey plats for properties in Walker County that are being divided, working closely with land surveyors to ensure all information is included on plats prior to recording in the Clerk of Superior Court’s office.

Timber Harvester are required to submit a notice to our office before each and every timber operation begins within the county.

Visit one of the following sections for additional information:

We are located in the Walker County Local Government Services building at 122 Highway 95 in Rock Spring. Our phone number is 706-638-4048. For building inspection questions, please allow two business days for a response. Our office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, closing from lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.