Codes Enforcement
David Brown, Codes & Planning Director
122 Highway 95
Rock Spring, GA
706-638-4048 (Codes Enforcement / Planning Office)

Codes Enforcement Officers
Sherry Allen
Roberto Rodriguez

This department handles nuisance complaints and non-construction related code violations or complaints. Examples of these types of complaints include household garbage in your yard, junk cars, overgrown lawns, scrap tires, loose animals and other issues not meeting local property standards. We carry out rules set forth in the International Property Maintenance Code, which Walker County adopted on February 19, 2015, along with the Junk Vehicle Ordinance of 1989 and Public Nuisance Ordinance of 2004.

We are located in the Walker County Local Government Services building at 122 Highway 95 in Rock Spring. Our phone number is 706-638-4048.

Did you know you can report an issue with codes, roads or animals using a smartphone app? Simply download the iWorQ Service Request mobile app and enter Walker County’s Agency Code (Wal02) to request service. Once entered, you can create an account to track the progress of your issue or continue as a guest.

Along with codes, roads and animals, users can also ask general questions, inquire about renting a county facility and alert the county of concerns with permitting and inspections, drainage and the landfill.

A key feature of the app gives users the ability to take a picture of their problem to send to Walker County and/or upload a file.

The iWorQ Service Request app is now available for free in the App Store for Apple devices and Google Play Store for Android devices. Walker County’s Code is Wal02

For information about Walker County Police, click here

Mitchell MooreLitter Crew

The Litter Crew works about a dozen roads each week with one county employee supervising two to three inmates. Between 2017 and 2019, an average of 129,754 pounds of roadside trash was picked up each year.

Return to Residents