Municode maintains the Walker County code book, which provides searchable access. All documents open in a new tab/window.
- O-01-23 – Amend Chapter 22 (Land Development) to provide clarity on the procedure to appeal a variance denial by the Planning Commission.
- O-02-23 – Amend Chapter 26 (Roads) to adjust the minimum requirements for construction of roads for county maintenance.
- O-03-23 – Amend Chapters 1 & 2 (General Provisions & Administration) to create a uniform policy for all individuals serving on boards, committees or commissions of the Board of Commissioners.
- O-04-23 – Amend Chapter 4 (Alcoholic Beverage) to add licenses for package sales of distilled spirits, in room service at hotels, and breweries and distilleries.
- O-05-23 – Amend Chapter 13 (Environment) to join the statewide timber harvest notification system, enact fines for harvesters who fail to notify the county that they are operating; and other provisions.
- O-01-22 – Amend Chapter 4 to provide exemptions for state licensed farm wineries
- O-02-22 – Amend Chapter 20 to adopt the 2021 edition of the International Property Maintenance Code, as well as other provisions
- O-03-22 – Amend Chapter 28, Article III to update the Sewer Use Code
- O-01-21 – Adopt the 2021 Walker County Code of Ordinances (Code Book)
- O-02-21 – Amend Chapter 22 – Land Development – to define a tiny home, reduce the size of required road frontage in certain zones, and increase the number of residential dwellings allowed on a private drive
- O-01-20 – Amendment to Chapter 6 in the County Code of Ordinances Regulating the Possession, Sale & Distribution of Alcoholic Beverages (Approved 2/13/20)
- This amendment ONLY deals with the fee schedule for obtaining a license to sell alcohol
- O-02-20 – Amendment to the existing International Property Maintenance Code (Chapter 30) addressing inoperable vehicles and storage of trash (Approved 10/22/20, effective 12/1/20)
- O-03-20 – Creation of a Special Events Permit (Approved 10/22/20, effective 12/1/20)
- O-04-20 – Adoption of Codes by Reference: International Building Code, International Energy Conservation Code, International Residential Code and National Electrical Code (Approved 11/19/20)
- O-05-20 – Adoption of the State of Georgia’s fireworks permitting regulations by reference (Approved 12/10/20)
- O-01-19 – Blighted & Derelict Property Ordinance, aka “Clean & Lien” (approved 3/14/19)
- O-02-19 – Construction of Roads for County Maintenance (approved 3/14/19)
- O-03-19 – Hotel/Motel Tax Ordinance of 2019 (approved 3/28/19)
- O-04-19 – Walker County Business Code (approved 3/28/19)
- O-05-19 – Amendment to the Public Health Facilities and Services District
- O-01-18 – Walker County Animal Care Ordinance
- O-02-18 – Jurisdiction for Ordinance Violations
- O-03-18 – Soil, Erosion, Sedimentation and Pollution Control Ordinance Amendment
- O-04-18 – Amendment to Chapter 6 in the County Code of Ordinances Regulating the Possession, Sale & Distribution of Alcoholic Beverages (Chapter 6 is posted under Previous Years)
- Establishment of the Public Health Facilities & Services District
- Amending Walker County Fire & Rescue District to Provide Funding for a Public Safety Fee
- Updated List of Roads (Saddle Ridge & Round Pound)
Emergency Order Number 1 – (3/23/20) AN ORDER TO MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 BY LIMITING SOCIAL GATHERINGS, DINE-IN FOOD SERVICE, GYM USE, EXPOSURE AT NURSING AND RETIREMENT HOMES, AND PROVIDING FLEXIBILITY FOR RESTAURANTS REGARDING THE SALE OF ALCOHOL
Emergency Order Number 2 – (3/27/20) AN ORDER TO MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 BY TAKING EMERGENCY MEASURES TO RESTRICT CHILDCARE AND PERSONAL CARE SERVICES