LaFayette, GA – Walker County Sole Commissioner Shannon Whitfield announced two additional public hearings concerning the proposed property tax increase and fiscal 2018 budget. The newly announced meetings will be in Rossville and Rock Spring, and are in addition to three previously scheduled public hearings.
The proposed fiscal 2018 budget includes a property tax increase of 2.00 mills in the unincorporated locations of the county and 2.189 in the incorporated areas. The proposed annual tax increase on a home with a fair market value of $100,000 would be $76 in the unincorporated locations and $83.18 in the incorporated areas
Hearings will take place on the following dates/times and locations:
· Thursday, August 17th at 6:30 p.m. – LaFayette-Walker County Public Library (305 S Duke Street)
· Saturday, August 19th at 10:00 a.m. – Walker County Civic Center (10052 US-27, Rock Spring)
· NEW – Tuesday, August 22nd at 6:30 p.m. – Rossville Civic Center (400 McFarland Avenue, Rossville)
· NEW – Wednesday, August 23rd at 10:00 a.m. – Walker County Civic Center (10052 US-27, Rock Spring)
· Thursday, August 24th at 6:30 p.m. – Walker County Commissioner’s Office (101 S Duke Street)
The millage rate will be set during the August 24th meeting.