LaFayette, GA – Walker County Commissioner Shannon Whitfield recently signed a proclamation to honor local veterans and remember those who fought valiantly to protect our freedoms.
Over the next two weeks, several events will take place in our community to celebrate service members:
- November 2nd – Tribute to America for Catoosa and Walker County
- 1:00 p.m. at The Colonnade in Ringgold (free program)
- November 8th – LaFayette JROTC & LaFayette Woman’s Club Veterans Day Program
- 8:30 a.m. at LaFayette High School (free program)
- November 9th – Veterans Program
- 11:00 a.m. at Villanow Community Center (free program)
- November 11th – Veterans Day
- County offices closed in observance
- November 14th – Veterans Appreciation Banquet
- 6:00 p.m. at the Walker County Civic Center (Veterans receive free admission, otherwise $15 per person; call to pre-register at 423-541-6092)
U.S. Census data shows nearly 8% of Walker County’s civilian population devoted their talents to assist our country through military service.
One thought on “Veterans Day Celebrations To Honor Walker County Service Members”
thank you from a Desert Storm Veteran.