Walker County Fire Rescue (WCFR) is conducting a Competitive Promotional Process (CPP) for the purpose of establishing a Promotional Eligibility Register (PER) for the rank/classification of Sergeant within WCFR.
Eligibility Requirements: By or before submission deadline of October 18, 2022.
- Full-time WCFR personnel, along with outside qualified applicants, are invited to participate in the CPP with the exception of: Personnel who have received a written reprimand within 365 days of the closing of the submission process.
- Resume with cover letter
- 2 years as a State Certified Firefighter with creditable service with WCFR or a comparable entity
- National Professional Qualification (NPQ) Firefighter I / II
- Completed WCFR Driver’s Task Book. (Level I and Level II) and/or hold NPQ Apparatus Operator Pumper certification
- A candidate’s ability to maintain their eligibility to continue through the process will depend on their strict adherence to the instructions, schedules and submission deadline indicated below
- Any candidate not adhering to these established timelines and schedules will be immediately disqualified from the process.
Eligibility Requirements: Post Promotion
- Must have and/or obtain licensure as a Georgia Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) within 180 days post promotion
- Must complete all required courses for the rank/classification of Sergeant as directed by WCFR’s Professional Development Program (PDP)
All interested applicants must submit a resume with a cover letter and supporting documentation (proof of eligibility) relative to the eligibility requirements of this promotional process (eligibility requirements listed above). The cover letter must include three reasons as to why the applicant is applying for the rank/classification of Sergeant with Walker County Fire Rescue. The following is a list of sources that may assist the applicant in supporting their eligibility:
- Fire service sources:
- Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Pro Board Fire Service Professional Qualification System (Pro-Board)
- College transcripts or other evidence of secondary education (Official copies ONLY)
External applicants must submit the following:
-Walker County Fire Rescue Job Application
-Cover letter and resume
-All supporting documentation for the above listed eligibility requirements.
Submit all documentation via the Firefighter application by 5:00 p.m. October 18, 2022.