The Recording Clerk position pay starts at $13.00 per hour.
This position performs clerical and customer service duties in support of the work of the Clerk of Superior, State, and Juvenile Courts.
- Provides quality Customer Service to the general public, legal assistants, attorneys, and other court personnel in person and over the phone
- Enters data and scans legal documents; makes sure images are complete and of good quality
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; rejects or accepts documents
- Receives and receipts monies for filings, fees, and costs; verifies intake at the end of each day
- Performs Real Estate department related duties on a daily basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Experience in using computers and general programs such as word, excel, e-mail, etc.; ability to type accurately
- Able and willing to work as a team player
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations
- Excellent customer service ability
Work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects and stands on step stools.
To apply for this position, click here to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume and cover letter to:
Walker County Commissioner’s Office
Tabitha Cantrell, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to Tabitha Cantrell.