LaFayette, GA – Walker County voters approved the Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (TSPLOST) in November 2017, but it did not take effect until April 2018. With funding beginning to flow into the county last summer, Walker County paid cash for two initial projects – Nickajack Road and Diamond Circle.
The 2019 road projects list continues to be developed, but several roads have already been identified for work. We plan to solicit contractor bids this year for the following roads:
* Peavine Road (Rock Spring area)
* Ringgold Road (Rock Spring area)
* Five Points Road (Chickamauga area)
* Osburn Road (Chickamauga area)
* South Dicks Creek Road (Armuchee Valley area)
* South Burnt Mill Road (LaFayette area)
* Dry Valley Road (Rossville area)
* W. Schmitt Road (Rossville area)
* Glass Mill Road (Chickamauga area)
* Jones Road (Noble area)
In addition, Walker County is working with area utility providers to ensure underground lines that need to be replaced are addressed before road work begins. This could impact the schedule of when some roads are resurfaced.