In order to preserve 911 for emergency calls, an automated attendant has been established to help direct non-emergency calls made to 706-375-7810. Too often, our 911 dispatchers are answering calls about things like power outages, stray animals and where to pay a ticket. While these issues need to be reported, they are not emergencies and can all be handled by contacting the appropriate agency.
The automated attendant features a directory that includes area water and power providers, the non-emergency line to the Sheriff’s office, city police departments, as well as animal control, building inspections and addressing.
Thank you for helping us keep 911 lines available for your friends and neighbors who need police, fire or medical assistance because they are hurt, in danger or reporting a crime.
Here are some of the most commonly requested numbers:
- City of Lafayette Utilities – 706-639-1511
- City of Chickamauga Utilities – 706-375-3177
- Walker County Sheriff’s Office – 706-638-1909
- Walker County Fire Department – 706-539-1255
- CHI Memorial EMS – 423-495-4444
- Walker County Planning – 706-638-4048
- Walker County Animal Services – 706-375-2100
- Walker County Water & Sewer Authority – 706-820-1455
- Tennessee American – 866-736-6420
- Walker County Rural Water – 706-764-2950
- Chickamauga Police – 706-375-3172
- LaFayette Police – 706-639-1540
- Lookout Mountain Police – 706-820-1051
- Rossville Police – 706-866-1228
- North Georgia Electric – 706-866-2231
- Electric Power Board (EPB) – 423-648-1372
- GA Power – 888-891-0938