Sole Commissioner Shannon Whitfield was elected to a four year term in November 2016 and took office on January 1, 2017. The Commissioner is responsible for public works, finance, administration, purchasing, fire, rescue, emergency management, planning, economic development, and public health and welfare in Walker County. The Commissioner’s staff helps the Commissioner carry out these functions.
The Commissioner holds public meetings on the second and fourth Thursday of every month. These meetings take place at 6:00 p.m. at the Commissioner’s Office, 101 S Duke Street in LaFayette. Agendas for these meetings are released at least 24 hours in advance.
GOVERNING BODY STAFF
* Accounts Payable Clerk, Paulette Crowe
* County Clerk, Rebecca Wooden
* Economic Development / Resource Coordinator, Larry Brooks
* Finance Officer, Greg McConnell
* Human Resource Director, Sharleen Robinson
* Insurance Clerk, Tina Stoker
* Payroll / Employee Benefits Clerk, Tabitha Cantrell
* Public Relations Director, Joe Legge
* Receptionist, Joan Fowler
P.O. Box 445
101 South Duke Street
LaFayette, GA 30728