Provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the county’s receipts and accounts receivable payments are properly recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts within the accounting system. Prepare, verify, and process daily deposits. Responsible for reporting, managing, and tracking all commercial insurance claims to insure proper financial reimbursement from commercial insurance carriers.
- Properly record all incoming receipts and accounts receivable payments to the proper general ledger accounts within the accounting system
- Prepare, verify and process daily bank deposits
- Distribute daily bank deposits to the County Clerk for delivery to the bank
- Review and verify for accuracy all bank-processed deposit receipts back from the County Clerk and deposit receipts from all other county departments
- Reconcile the general ledger to ensure that all receipt payments are accounted for and properly posted to the proper general ledger account number
- Responsible for reporting, managing, and tracking all commercial insurance claims to insure proper financial reimbursement from commercial insurance carrier
- Manage all county vehicle titles and apply for tag and registration when new vehicles are purchased
- Responsible for adding all purchased vehicles to the commercial insurance policy and removing vehicles from the insurance policy when disposed of by the county
- Provide relief for Front Desk staff when they are out of the office
- Retrieve mail daily from the Post Office and distribute it to the appropriate party
- Responsible for managing the Transit Ticket Books
- Assist with year end close out and preparation for annual financial audit
- All other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
High school diploma or GED required. College-level coursework in accounting or a related field is desired.
At least two years of experience working in an office environment with responsibilities involving accounts receivable, and related bank deposit activities, including account reconciliation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Effectively communicate in the English language both in writing and orally
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to organize tasks and daily assignments
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Demonstrated capability to be a self-starter, facilitator, organizer and innovator
- Ability to plan and implement projects with little supervision and must be able to work independently
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and especially in stressful circumstances by providing friendly interaction with other departments and elected officials ensuring customer satisfaction
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Accounts Receivable & Insurance Clerk’s job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to focus.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to a noise level that is low to moderate. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Maintain confidentiality, credibility and trust
- Successful development and implementation of objectives; continuous growth in service provided.
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Appropriate and positive interaction with elected officials, staff, management, volunteers, community groups, professional associates, and private citizens
- The accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Effectiveness in establishing priorities, working on multiple assignments, and concurrent projects
- Exercise of sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze problems; to meet demanding and changing deadlines in spite of interruptions
- Adherence to established policies and procedures