The E-911 Communications Officer positions pays $13.63 to $14.36 per hour, depending on experience & qualifications
Walker County is currently seeking applications for an E-911 Communications Officer.
Applicant must be able to receive and interpret information through telecommunications equipment, and verbally and accurately dispatch that information in a timely manner to the proper authority.
- Answer all non-emergency and emergency E-911 telephone lines, obtaining and recording pertinent information regarding the nature and urgency of the situation; determine appropriate response and expeditiously alerts responsible units or agencies via radio or telephone.
- Dispatch and direct responding service units, City Fire/Rescue, County Fire/Rescue, EMS, and Law Enforcement Agencies promptly to emergencies and other locations according to SOG.
- Maintain constant status and availability of all emergency service units; keep continuous records of mobile units.
- Interact and communicate with various groups and individuals involved in the operations of all related departments including co-workers, the general public, outside agencies, wrecker companies, security agencies, and other city, county, state and federal agencies.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Employee must be able to type thirty words per minute accurately.
- Employee must successfully complete a forty-hour training course for Communications Officer per Georgia State Law.
- Employee must successfully complete and maintain LED GCIC/NCIC certification, or any equivalent combination of education training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Employee must be EMD qualified and have the ability to learn and apply new skills in the area of telephone and radio communications relative to emergency services.
- Employee must be able to stay at stationary position for extended periods.
To apply for this position, click here to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume and cover letter to:
Walker County Commissioner
Sharleen Robinson, Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to email@example.com