Walker County Emergency Services (WCES) is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Inspector/Investigator. The hourly pay range is $15.80 to $19.38 (based on a 40-hour work week). Applications will be received until the position is filled.
The Fire Inspector/ Investigator is responsible for the protection of lives and property within the jurisdiction of Walker County Emergency Services and for the organization’s direction of all fire rescue functions. The position ranks below the Fire Marshal in authority. He/She consults with the Fire Marshal concerning all incident action plans, procedures, and policies; however, is expected to function independently of direct supervision with respects to technical fire department procedures and practices.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age at the date of the application.
- Possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicant must be either a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Successful candidates must pass a physical agility, oral and/or written testing, medical examination, drug screen, and extensive background check.
- Successful candidates are required to obtain Georgia Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) certification within thirty (30) months of employment (responsibility of the employee both financially and logistically) with WCES.
- College degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have experience with the Incident Command System and the Insurance Services Office (ISO) Grading Schedule.
- Must have the ability to establish outside contacts for assistance in fire prevention inspections, education and investigation.
- Shall have NFPA 1031, Certified Fire Inspector I and NFPA 1035 GSFA Fire Life Safety Educator I and NFPA 1033 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator or obtain within the time limit set by the Fire Chief.
- May substitute a combination of training, experience and/or education for the above requirements at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
To apply for this position, click on the job title to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume and cover letter to:
Walker County Commissioner
Sharleen Robinson, Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to firstname.lastname@example.org