FIRE/LIFE SAFETY EDUCATOR:
Walker County Fire Rescue is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire & Life Safety Educator. The hourly pay range is $13.40 to $14.40 (based on a 40-hour work week). Applications will be received until the position is filled.
The Fire and Life Safety Educator reports directly to the Fire Marshal: He/ She functions in the fields of Fire Prevention, Public Relations, Research and Development of fire & life safety programs, maintain and coordinate between outside agencies on the Youth Fire Setter Program, and serves as a member of the Administrative team. Develops and Delivers educational programs throughout large loss potential occupancies such as schools, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, churches, and daycare facilities. Delivers appropriate response to internal and external customer needs and maintains a professional and courteous demeanor.
• Applicant must be 18 years of age at the date of the application.
• Possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Applicant must be either a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
• Successful candidates must pass an oral and/or written testing, medical examination,
drug screen, and extensive background check.
• Successful candidates are required to obtain State certification as a Fire and Life Safety
Educator I, CPR/AED Instructor, ASHI certified Instructor and First Aid Instructor within
the specified time set forth by the Fire Chief.
• College degree from an accredited college or university.
• Ability to establish outside contacts for assistance in fire prevention and education.
• Training and/or experience in the following areas are preferred: Fire Safety House
Operator, Fire Safety House Driver, Developing Fire and Life Safety Strategies,
Prevention Management Courses.
• May substitute a combination of training, experience and/or education for the above
requirements at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
To apply for this position, click here to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume and cover letter to:
Walker County Government
c/o Tabitha Cantrell, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to Tabitha Cantrell.