JOB SUMMARY: This position performs clerical and customer service duties in support of the work of the Clerk of Superior Court.
- Provides quality Customer Service to the general public, legal assistants, attorneys, and other court personnel in person and over the phone
- Enters data and scans legal documents; makes sure images are complete and of good quality
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; rejects or accepts documents
- Receives and receipts monies for filings, fees, and costs; verifies intake at the end of each day
- Performs Real Estate department related duties on a daily basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Experience in using computers and general programs such as word, excel, e-mail., etc.
- Ability to type accurately
- Able and willing to work as a team player
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations
- Excellent customer service ability
Work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects and stands on step stools.