This position pays $10 an hour for 200 hours of work over the summer.
Can you tell a complex story in a way that’s understandable and relatable to the general public? Walker County Government seeks a creative, self-motivated individual to join our Public Relations Department for the summer. We’re looking for someone with video production skills, a passion for government and interest in honing their communications skills.
We take pride in leading the North Georgia region in making local government more accessible. We accomplish this by opening a line of communication with our citizens using their preferred methods. We utilize Facebook, Youtube, a mobile responsive website, a mobile app, television, newspaper, radio, public meetings, community groups and other means.
- Brainstorm and schedule video segments concerning various government departments and entities
- Storyboard each video segment
- Organize a video production calendar
- Shoot interviews and b-roll using a video camera
- Edit segments for use online
- Assist in social media promotion of segments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
Must be an undergraduate student, graduate student or recent college graduate. High school students and recent high school graduates who have not yet started college are not eligible for this position. Communications and Political Science Majors/Minors preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of how to properly frame an interview/scene and adjust camera settings to various forms of light
- Monitor audio levels to produce proper sound quality
- Storytelling of complex issues using video production and editing techniques to make them easy to understand
- Self motivation, multi-tasking and ability to meet deadlines
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the intern is required to regularly stand for extended periods, to frequently walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and lift or move up to 35 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern may be exposed to a noise level that is moderate to loud. Some outdoor/outside work will be required, although much of the job will involve working with the aid of air conditioning. This position may include some occasional night and weekend work.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- Successful development and implementation of objectives; continuous growth in service provided.
- Appropriate and positive interaction with staff, management, volunteers, the public, community groups and professional associates.
- Accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Effectiveness in establishing priorities, working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects.
- Exercise of sound judgment in the absence of specific guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze problems to meet demanding and changing deadlines in spite of interruptions.
- Adherence to established policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, click here to access the application packet. Fill it out and send the application packet, a resume, cover letter and demo reel to:
Walker County Government
Sharleen Robinson, Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 445
LaFayette, GA 30728
You may also e-mail your resume, cover letter and application packet forms to email@example.com. Make sure you include a link to your demo reel if you decide to e-mail your information.