Commissioner Meeting – 2-13-20

Commissioner Whitfield amended the county's Alcohol ordinance to clean up some language dealing with licensing fees, rejected a resolution calling for a vote on changing distance requirements for alcohol sales at restaurants, approved a resolution calling for a vote on SPLOST, review department statistics and other county business matters.

Walker County Plans Significant Infrastructure Investment in 2020

Walker County residents will notice a significant investment in the county’s road system this summer. Contractor bids are now being accepted to make improvements to 36 miles of roads in the unincorporated areas of the county.

Santa and Sparky the Fire Dog team up for new fire safety PSA in Walker County

Walker County Fire Rescue has recruited a big name to encourage residents to practice fire safety.  Before loading his sleigh, Santa Claus joined Sparky the Fire Dog in a new public service announcement (PSA) to warn the public about how the holiday season can be the most dangerous time of the year.

Stocking Full of Love Provides Toys to Girls and Boys in Walker County

In 1989, the late Sheriff Al Millard created the Stocking Full of Love program to provide toys to children in need in Walker County.  37 children received presents that first year. Last year, over 1,300 children were provided presents.