LaFayette, GA – Walker County Government will make several operational changes in June in an effort to resume public access to services amid new COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
The following offices will reopen to the public on June 1st:
- Commissioner’s Office
- Tax Commissioner’s Office in Rock Spring
- Tax Commissioner’s Office in Fairview
- Mountain Cove Farms Resort
- Walker County Extension Office
The following buildings will reopen to the public on June 8th:
- Walker County Civic Center
- Walker County Ag Center
The following services will resume on June 11th:
- Codes Enforcement
The following public meetings are scheduled in June:
- Walker County Planning Commission – June 18
- Walker County Commissioner – June 25
The public will encounter new safety precautions at many local government offices, including:
- Availability of infection control items such as hand sanitizer & face masks
- Divider shields
- Social distancing markers and/or spaced seating
- Occupancy limitations
- Temperature screenings
- Routine cleaning of high touch surfaces
The public is also encouraged to wear face masks when entering local government buildings to help protect your friends and neighbors.
A number of local services resumed operations following the expiration of Governor Brian Kemp’s Shelter in Place order. Know before you go! Check our regularly updated list of current operations before visiting in person.